Recipe serves 4 adults
4 6-8 oz similar size and thickness wild caught salmon fillets
4 T high quality unsalted butter
6 T high quality olive oil
2 tsp raw blonde honey
1 light shake cayenne pepper (optional)
6 T juice of 3-4 limes, buy more limes to use as garnish (optional)
1/4 C white or regular balsamic vinegar (optional)
1 container organic grape tomatoes
1 bunch asparagus
2-4 cloves garlic
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Wash and prep veg - mince garlic, cut grape tomatoes in half, cut ends off asparagus and set aside in saute pan w 3 T olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In baking dish, non stick spray, 3 T lime juice, salt and pepper. Pat dry the salmon fillets and season well both sides w salt and pepper. Put in oven for 15-20 min depending upon size. *You can turn oven to broil to brown the top side of salmon last 3 min (optional).
- Take browned butter off heat, add 1-2 cloves garlic, 1 T olive oil, 2T lime juice, honey, 1 shake cayenne (optional), salt and pepper. Taste.
- Pull salmon out of oven and spoon a little of the butter sauce on fillets reserving half for serving and bake for remaining time.
- Also saute your veg on medium for 8 min. Stir throughout and add balsamic at 5 min (optional). It will bubble and then reduce. Taste asparagus for doneness (See photo below).